Saturday, February 9, 2013

Muskets and Tomahawks

First of all. Apologies for the fact that this is the first post I've made in ages.  . Anyway, on with the report!

Indians by Conquest
The French Indian Wars has always been one of those periods I was planning to get round to, ever since I saw Daniel Day-Lewis in "Last of the Mohicans". I finally galvanized myself to do something about it when Muskets and Tomahawks came out and I stumbled across the Conquest figures for this period.

These are the first figures I've bought from Conquest but I can thoroughly recommend them. The detail is superb, the poses are perfectly suited for skirmish games. I particularly like the Indians they produce. I was, frankly dreading painting them but I have to say that I haven't had so much fun painting figures for many years.  I also procured some of the Perry AWI figures which sit side by side with the Conquest stuff perfectly.

Magua by "Conquest"
I'm now at the stage where I've painted almost all of the figures I have (which is a first for me by the way) and I'm keen to get some more. The other range for this period that's on my radar are the figure produced by Galloping Major. They do some very nice looking American provincials that I'm keen to purchase !

42nd Black Watch by Perry
I've also been gathering together some terrain for the period and after ferreting around on the net I bought a couple of the Pegasus Miniatures 1/72nd Russian houses. They work perfectly as log Cabins and don't look out of scale against the Perry and Conquest figures.

Anyway.we had our first game with the rules a week or so ago so I'll post some pics of that and a report on how it all panned out soon.

Ta Ta

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ray I bought some of those Pegasus buildings for Russia so if you need some more for a bigger game you know where to ask. I guess that means I will be getting some figures as well. drat, new period to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. The skin tones are excellent and warpaint pops! They'll shine on the battlefield, and hopefully the dice gods will favor them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on these - love the details like the Highlander stockings. Just getting into Muskets and Tomahawks myself. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete